Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So with my day off on Monday, I joined some people and we drove up to the place called Lost Lake. It wasn't too far. But we drove two cars most of the way and then parked the small car and hopped in the back of this one guys pickup and drove on the rocky, bumpy road up to the trail head. Nine people in the front and back of a pickup. Crazy.

But we parked a little ways away from the trail because they were doing some logging up there so trucks were blocking the road. So we walked and walked and hiked and hiked. I'm definitely not used to the elevation yet. I was huffing and puffing. It was terrible. It's not like the hike was even that bad. But a few of us were trailing behind so at least we were together. We stopped and took breaks on the way up.

So quick note, Granby is like 7935ft above sea level. And Lost Lake was somewhere around 10,100 ft. So I was pretty breathless.

But we eventually made it there and it was so beautiful. There was still snow on the ground but it wasn't that cold. We sat on some huge rocks and just hung out and ate lunch. Some of us read, some of us napped, and Parker fished around the whole lake. The lake wasn't that big, but it was really pretty. So we stayed there for a couple hours then hiked down.

Even though it wasn't that much hiking, it wore me out. And the perfect part was that an amazing dinner was waiting for us when we got back. It was DELICIOUS short ribs and amazing mashed potatoes and broccoli and chocolate cake. The perfect dinner after a long day.

Later that night some people hopped in the hot tub for a bit and then we decided to have a movie night. So we took over the patio house and rigged the projector and rearranged all the couches and watched Couples Retreat. It was a good time. And since there are no guests here, we're allowed to do stuff like this.

Tuesday, I worked all day. We didn't open the pool since there are no guests, but I did spend the day cleaning out the storage room by the pool. Typically every night that guests are here, we set out lanterns around the pool deck for a bit more light and ambiance. So I pulled out all the lanterns, all 60 of them, and cleaned filled and fixed them. A lot of them had broken glass or no wicks so it took a while to find the replacements and get everything together. Then I cleaned out the room a bit more and found a place to put all the lanterns so they weren't scattered around the room and on the floor. There were also five vacuums in that room. So the head maintenance lady got rid of most of them and the room looks a bit better now.

Bill and Dale had wanted me to stain a bunch of things on the pool deck but I ran out of time, so that's the job for Thursday.

So Tuesday night, we had another fire and hung out for a while, then decided to do another movie night, but with less people this time. And since we had figured out how to do the projector, the set up was quick and easy this time. We watched The Town, with Ben Affleck. It was pretty good. But long.

I'm getting along pretty well with my housemate, Joanna. She's pretty cool. She's from West Virgina, I believe.

But today, Wednesday, I have off again. I'm gonna take care of some business, workout, and then tonight we're going to a Rockies game! $4 bleacher seats! Denver!! So that should be fun. They're playing the Arizona Diamondbacks. I just hope we get to leave Granby a little early so that we can explore Denver a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment