I had a really full day today, which I liked.
I helped serve breakfast today for the Microsoft people. (Bill Gates is not here.) So one of the perks of working with dining, is that we get leftovers! So instead of the food the staff gets, we get the leftover food that the guests get! So I had eggs Benedict and oatmeal and raspberries and grits! Yay!
Then after that I headed to the pool and it was looking SO much better. So I vacuumed the main pool again and then the hot tub. And I worked and worked and then got lunch and then worked some more. Then I clocked out around 3 and then clocked back in around 5 and cleaned the deck and filled lanterns to be set out around the deck.
So I did a lot today, but it's not that exciting. So this is a boring post. The pool should be ready to swim in tomorrow afternoon. But it's cold so nobody's going to swim.
Oh, there is one thing though. The pole I use to clean the pool, it's been giving me fiber glass splinters. But I feel like I already said this. I don't know. But my hands hurt and they're all dry. I need like heavy duty lotion or vaseline.
Also, I'm not sure if it's the water quality or the new shampoo I'm using, but my hair is gross. I have a feeling it might be both. So I'm probably gonna have to go into town again and get some Aussie bc I've used that and I like it, and one of the girls uses it here and it works well with her hair and the water.
Another girl moved into the bunkhouse so it's not as scary now. Her name is Joanna and she's with waitstaff and she's nice. She's from the east coast. But a lot of people here are from the east coast. Lots from the Carolinas. And New Hampshire and Pennsylvania and other places.
Well my mom was wondering about the algae bloom in the pool. So we don't really know how it started. But they've been INUNDATING the pool with bleach and acid and chemicals ever since. So it should be ready soon. All of the algae will be killed. It still looks a bit cloudy and dark, but hopefully tomorrow it will be all better. We pretty much even ran out of chemicals treating it. So a pool guy cam yesterday and today and helped us. He gave us strong chlorine and did some tests and stuff.
So that's pretty much it. I'm not helping with dining tomorrow because it wasn't that busy this morning and they think they can handle it with their current staff. So more sleep for me!
I hope some of the staff people have a bonfire soon. Maybe I'll just have to pluck up the courage soon and see who wants to play cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment