Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reminiscing

Been thinking about Italy. This time last year I was roaming around the country. I miss it. We may have run into a LOT of obstacles, but that's what made it so memorable. So many good stories. Mostly I've been thinking about Florence. I don't know why. Just the city and the buses and the hostel and stuff. Sohae is back in Europe right now. Germany and Switzerland and Austria and Spain. I miss it.

I also miss Heritage. I NEVER thought I would say that. But I do. I thought I'd had enough of that pool. But thinking about all the staff that's working there this summer, all the prep we do, the trainings, the cleaning, the meetings, it makes me a little sad that that part of my life is over. I mean, it was such a huge part of my life. I spent 7 summers there. I'm gonna miss seeing the little kids I know, and sitting up in the guard chair, and having near heart attacks when kids jump to close to the diving board. I miss the guard office and rain days.

I guess I just like remembering all the good times I had in all these places. I'm sad knowing that that part of my life is over.

But I know I'm forming new memories. I hiked yesterday and I'm about to head out hiking again today. Just around the ranch. By myself. It's nice getting to know the area.

You know what else I miss? Melissa. And Bri. And Shannon. And Sammie.

I was just thinking last night, it seems like SOOO long since I moved out of my apartment in Columbia. SOO long since I worked at El Rancho and the library. But it hasn't been that long. Only a month. But it feels like that was a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment