Not many exciting things recently, but here's what's been going on the past few days. Two nights ago about 15 of us drove up to Grand Lake which is a town about the size of Granby. They have a few good bars there so that's why we went. It was Courtni's (the super extrovert) 22nd birthday so we went to Grumpy's. It was a little bar with pool tables and a 2nd floor patio and a DJ and stuff. There were locals there but we basically took over the place and gave the party life. And the awesome part was that it was Ladies Night! So free drinks from 9 - 11pm. Which was awesome. My dad says that's illegal in Illinois, but I guess it's not here. So we hung out for a while and a couple people played bags on the patio and some of us hung out on the main floor and danced and stuff. The DJ took requests and played a variety of stuff. But it was a lot of fun. And a few of the girls and I went out and bought a cake for Courtni and we sang and it was nice. And the bar lets underaged people in, even if they can't drink so that was good because we had a few people who wanted to come even if they couldn't drink there. The bar even had an arcade in a different room so I played skee ball with a few people. It was nice to get off the ranch for a bit. But it was snowing like crazy so the ride there and back was a little scary. But everyone made it safe and sound.
Yesterday morning I woke up and the ground was covered in snow! It had snowed so much during the night and continued to snow all day even though it was quite sunny. But the snow eventually melted. My first job in the morning (7am) was a bit of interpretation between one of the office ladies and two of the housekeepers. They were going to clean an owner's house and the office lady had some specific laundry instructions so I helped out!
Then I cleaned the hot tub and went back to bed (hehe). I had to be at our orientation at 10am so I woke up and headed there. Basically all the staff that's here so far was there. We just went over names and the ranch's history and met one of the owners (Don Bailey) and talked about rules and stuff. It was interesting. They talked about the 90 year plan the ranch has and all the plots of land they're selling and their conservation efforts and stuff. So it was cool. And Mr Bailey is pretty cool. But it got me wondering, how much do you think the ranch costs? Like what's the monetary value of Mr Bailey's half of the ranch? I have no idea about stuff like that.
Our day ended with a staff ride. It was really cold but still fun. We had more people who hadn't ridden before so we couldn't canter which was a bummer. But we did see a few deer.
Then at night a few of us played cards, Rummy, and that was fun.
Today we have new guests who are here for Memorial Day weekend. It was super nice out so during my time off I sat outside and read my book and tanned. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment