Today I actually got to do some pool stuff. And I wore my uniform so I felt like I fit in. We're gonna try and have the pool open on Friday. Right now, it's only the hot tub. It's a good job for me because I like to clean. I wiped off all the glass tables and picnic tables and they were so filthy from the dust from the horses, that I could really see a difference and I like that. I met one of the head managers and he (Dale) and my other boss (Bill) are going to talk tonight about a more permanent schedule and jobs for me, because I didn't really have much to do today.
Guests arrived today. A bunch of people from some company. So that's cool. And Bill told me that a bunch of famous people come here. The Rockies sometimes come and the Broncos too. He said it'd fun when these people stay here. So I'm looking forward to stuff like that. And when there are kids here, I'll be more busy. I think it's just gonna be kinda slow until June. But whatever. I just have to show them that I'm willing to do almost anything. I can help out anywhere. I just want to stay busy.
People are really good at remembering names here. I'm trying to remember people's names too and I'm doing pretty good. I've been talking to my coworkers during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The gift shop lady that I helped yesterday said that it can get pretty clique-y here. I hope not. But there are gonna be a lot more people here in a few weeks and I guess I can see that happening.
The more I think about it, the more I realize that it's going to be a very crowded house I live in. 20 girls. Yikes.
Also, the weather was really nice today. I didn't have to wear a jacket for most of the day. But it's really dry here. I'll just have to get used to it. And I guess I prefer dry to the humidity of Missouri and Chicago.
No comments:
Post a Comment