Yesterday I had the day off. So I pretty much just bummed around and slept late and took care of some email business and such. Then Caitlin, Joanna, and I left for Denver around 4 to head to the Rockies game. We stopped at Starbucks because we were all craving it. So that was a good road treat. We got to Joanna's brother house a little before 6. He had bought us the tickets because they cheap ones usually sell out. Then we went to a nearby restaurant for some pizza. So it was my, Joanna, Caitlin, Dan (J's bro), Jen (Dan's wife), and Ross (Dan and Jen's landlord...). It was really weird. Ross moved back into the house with Dan and Jen because he's inbetween places or something. But he's like a 65 year old, single man. He wasn't creepy or anything, but it was just weird that he tagged along to everything.
So the at 11 we picked up Joanna and headed back to the ranch. I sat in the back of the car and slept for a while (Jo said I made cute snoring noises) and then work up when we were about 45 minutes away and we played road trip games.
So it was a good day. I got to see more of downtown Denver, which I liked.
Then Thursday, I worked ALL day. I started at 8:30 and ended at 5:15. I stained patio furniture and all sorts of wooden stuff all day. But I liked it. Time passed fast and I like painting. This kid Nate, from LA, helped me with the tall parts so I got to talk to him for a while. But I just love jobs where you can SEE the difference you made. So it was a good day. Even though I ruined a t-shirt and stained my skin orange. Actually, it just made me look tanner. Like I had gone spray tanning. But I did get a bit of a sun burn, for the little time that the sun was out today. The burn is right above my pants line, where my shirt rides up. So I have a nice crescent moon shape, right above my butt. Excellent.
More staining to do tomorrow too. Picnic tables and such.
But now, bed time. I just got back from a nice, quiet campfire with some of the guys (skipped out on a house party tonight), so I'm all toasty and ready to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment