I have been convinced to continue my blog while I'm in Colorado for the summer at my new job. I now work at the C Lazy U Ranch in Granby, Colorado.
Today was my first day. There's not much to tell other than it's kinda lonely here. I can't wait until other people move into the house I'm staying it. It's a bit creepy being here all by myself. But I do like having the room to myself. The bathroom situation is gonna be weird though. They're pretty rough looking, the showers and stalls and everything. And I feel like I'll be living in a sorority house. There are gonna be like 20 girls living here. Hopefully it all works out and is fun and not too loud. It might actually be really nice. And the house is SO close to the rest of the ranch. And it doesn't smell at all which is good. I'm like right next to the barn so I was a bit worried. But it's perfectly fine.
I just can't wait until it warms up a bit. I feel bad turning up the heat in the house bc I'm the only one here so it feels like a waste to heat the rest of the house, when all I need is to heat my room, but whatever. It's just pretty chilly at night. And it'll be nice when it's warmer so maybe I can lay out at the pool and read. I just want to be tan already.
I've been trying to figure out what the possibility is of staying a bit longer, say until around Christmas time. I don't know. It might be cool. But it might also be pretty dead in November. So we'll see what happens.
I just wish it was two weeks from now so more people would be here.
Oh but a group of like 90 people are coming from Microsoft for a conference kind of thing. Keep your fingers crossed that Bill Gates is here!
It'll also be better when there are guests here. More excitement and stuff.
The altitude has been hitting me a bit. I've had headaches, and my heart beats really fast even when I'm just climbing a tiny hill. Hopefully I adjust quickly. I just have to remember to drink lots of water.
I can't wait to ride horses. I want to go out on a trail ride so badly but they won't start staff rides for a little bit. But when they do, I just hope I'm not working. It's gonna be awesome!!
One thing that has been bugging me though is this one girl who just arrived. I'm trying to be social and stuff but at dinner today, when she met everyone, she was so so extroverted and kinda obnoxious that she made me really shy. She was like, butting into every conversation and saying kinda inappropriate stuff and I was like, jeez, chill out girl. So with her talking and being annoying, I didn't feel like talking to anyone else really. I hope I can work it out where I can eat at a different time as her, or at least at a different table. Cuz I was doing so well until she showed up.
Well now off to bed. I'm going to have to start going to bed early because I'll have to get up at 7:15 like every morning if I want to make it to breakfast.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment