Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Second Soccer Game

We had our second soccer game yesterday. We had a lot fewer players than last week but we gained to of the Scottish boys on waitstaff and they saved us. They were amazing! We scored a few goals so that was good. We played the same team as last week with a few different players. And we only had two subs this time so that was tough on a few people. But we kept time this time so that helped since we didn't have to play 60 minutes halves like last time.

I didn't play as well this time. I let two stupid goals get by. But we also got two goals scored on us because people on our team accidentally kicked the ball in. Whatever, it happens. We should be so hard on ourselves, but we are, it's hard to avoid, the feelings of guilt and shame and embarrassment. But I did save a few good goals, one really high one that I jumped for. And a few rushing ones. Gotta keep up my "rep!" And like I said, we scored a few goals so the game was more evenly matched this time. And we had lots of people in the "stand" cheering us on so that made me happy. Even a few of the wranglers came, which is rare because they're very cliquey and tend to not socialize very much. And one of the groundskeepers came and he played soccer in college so it was good that we had him. He played keeper, but he let me play this time since he was a really good defender too. I let him take one of the penalty kicks (he didn't save it). But he's a really cool guy so I was glad he was there.

Then afterward we went to pizza again.

I really like Mondays.

Today I had the day off and I did nothing. I was gonna go to the Granby Animal Shelter with my friend but she bailed and went to Boulder instead. I was disappointed because I need kittens in my life :( So instead I slept and read and cleaned. I'm getting so tan (despite using tons of sunscreen) that I tend to stay inside when I can.

Thursday I think I'm going to join a bunch of the foreign kids on their trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. It's really only for the foreign kids but the guy who hired me said I could go.

Also, Microsoft interview on Thursday. I really, really, really want this. I'm just not confident that I'll be able to convey to them how perfect I am got the position. I know I could do the job, but I don't know if I can convince them. Please pray that I get it. I've been thinking about it a lot and I want it so badly. I want Seattle. I want the West Coast. I want to live far away, on my own. Ugh! Please! Send good vibes my way. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment