Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy

Things have been going well lately. I like all the newbies coming in and being able to help them out. I like being a semi-alum.

So yesterday a couple of us drove over to Hot Sulfur Springs because it was their annual festival. They had a band doing some mediocre covers and then they had fireworks. And these fireworks were phenomenal! It was crazy that such a small town had such a huge budget for these things. There were no "weeping willows" which are my favorite, but our group got really close, as close as was permitted. So we just got to lay down and look up. It was perfect. They lasted like a half hour. Then we all packed up and headed back to the ranch.

Today was the beginning of the crazy summer. Now our week long guests arrive. So many kids. So many people who have been coming here for years. So many people with deep pockets...

But you know what I've realized, kinda, and I want to emulate? The people of Colorado are so kind. But this isn't really completely true, because a lot of the people I'm referring to aren't really from Colorado. So maybe it's just one of my faults, or being introverted? But the point is that so many people here greet each other every single time they see each other. And by name too! Like people will call out, "Hi Liz!" to me when the pass me. And they're always willing to help and are so gracious and it's just amazing. It's always so strange to me when people greet me by name. And I don't know why. But I'm realizing I need to get into this habit of greeting people by name. I definitely makes me smile and feel good, so why not do that for other people? But I mention that the Coloradans are so kind and friendly because another girl from San Diego said the same thing. She was explaining to our friend from England that really Coloradans are more friendly than most Americans. But everyone seems pretty friendly here. Maybe it's just the caliber of people that CLU has hired. But I'm going to strive to be friendlier.

I have yet to hear from Microsoft but I'm not worried. But I do wish they'd call soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment