Last Thursday I had a 2.5 hours interview with Microsoft. It was my second interview with them. I spoke to three different people and I thought it went rather well. Shows how much intuition I have....
The next day I received an email saying that they had decided to not move on/make an offer. I was really disappointed at first. There was no feedback. And I tried to get some contact information so I could send a thank you note or something, but I haven't received any info back yet. So that's that. I was really disappointed and upset at first. I was the most upset because I really didn't want to have to tell everyone that I hadn't gotten the position. I feel like, in their eyes, they think I'm not good enough. Like I had to tell my boss here and I felt like he questioned why I wasn't hired, that since I wasn't good enough for Microsoft, maybe I wasn't as desirable an employee as he thought. I don't know. I'm probably just over-thinking things. But I'm pretty much over it now. Seattle would have been cool, but it sure is a lot of time away from home.
So now I'm looking at some non-profit places in and near Chicago. I like this idea a lot better. I don't know why I didn't think about it sooner. I love volunteering and public/community service. So I'm getting excited looking at some of the positions.
Soccer yesterday. One other kid wanted to play goalie (and he was good) so we split time, which I didn't like. But he was good so I guess it's good that he stepped in for a bit. We did a lot better this time. 7-6, them. So it was close. We had a few more spectators yesterday so that was cool. One of the adults came and brought his family which was cool. And then one of the maintenance guys came. So it wasn't just a bunch of young adults. It's a cool social activity for players, but watchers too. And for basically the whole second half, it was pouring rain. It was bittersweet, because we really needed the rain, but it was so cold. We got soaked. And it was especially bad on the sideline, because we weren't moving around. And nearly all of out team didn't have cleats so that was kind of dangerous and made things less fun. (It also stunk because when we got back to the ranch, we realized that none of the rain made it to the ranch, so it's still just super dusty here. It's hard to believe that only a half hour away, it poured, but we got nothing here.)
We were all really wet and cold so we didn't go get pizza. I was bummed, but whatever.
I also made tentative plans to finally go to the animal shelter to volunteer with the kitties, but AGAIN the girl I was gonna go with, fell through. She wasn't able to borrow a car she thought she could borrow, so I'm stuck on the ranch all day again. But luckily they're doing staff rides this week so I get to go riding on Thursday. Hopefully we get to do a bit of trotting.
Other than that, I've just been holed up in my room, researching jobs and stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment