So that was a good first week of guests. Some cute kids, some annoying kids. New people today. I think this week long guest thing is gonna be pretty good.
Friday we had room inspections so one of the housekeeping girls in my house (Elcin, from Turkey) and I cleaned. We did such an awesome job, we cleaned the bathroom. The sinks and toilets and floors and showers and everything. It felt good to do something so fulfilling.
But now our house is battling mice. Its kinda bad. We put out poison but now one died in the wall and it's smelling. So no more poison, we just using kill snap traps. It's ridiculous. But also kinda funny at the same time, or it WAS funny. It was funny when a girl would see a mouse in her room and shriek! Then other girls would come see and they would all wait and it would run again and all of the girls would shriek. So funny. And I was screaming too! Just so silly that a little mouse can be so scary. But you know what it did? It ate part of my headphones that were laying on the ground by my bed. There were definite nibble marks. But these mice are no longer cute. They have gotta go.
I really love it here. My co-workers are so great. So nice and friendly. I'm lucky to have found this place. We had a party last night and it was so fun! We played games (giant Jenga and foosball and pool) and danced and just hung out. It was great. Also, our resident DJ is pretty great too. His name is Bruce and he works with housekeeping and whenever he's in charge of the music, we always have a great time. He gets people dancing. And we even had a strobe light for a while. It's like the best party I've ever been too, and I'm not even in college anymore!
It's getting pretty hot here. Pray for some major rain. I wanna be able to have fires :(
No comments:
Post a Comment