Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mice and Soccer

Mice. So many mice. We killed one a few weeks ago but now they're made a resurrection. All over the house. So we put out poison and one died in the walls and we couldn't get it and it smelled for a little while and now it doesn't. But we knew there were still live mice running around. Many sightings. And early Monday morning, around 4:30am, I woke to some tickling on my leg. I was laying on my side and I felt little tiny feet walking up my calf and thigh. I woke up and the movement scared the mouse off me. But I was a big girl and didn't scream. But needless to say, I didn't sleep for a long time. I kept fidgeting and shaking my leg to keep the mouse away. I fell asleep around 6:30, only to have to wake for work at 7:15. So that was a fun night. That day I spoke with some of the other girls and they'd heard mice in their room during the night, so I spoke to my maintenance friend and he helped us set lots of traps and said he'd speak to the management about getting pest control in. No word yet about that but hopefully we wake up to some dead mice soon. But these mice are sneaky. Just like last time, some of the traps have already had the peanut butter licked off. No peanut butter, but no dead mice. Fingers crossed that we get some soon.

Yesterday we had our first soccer game. I'm just not the spry, young player I used to be. I seem to get hurt more easily. Last week it was my elbow (which still hurts) and this week it's my wrist. I jammed it during our warm-up yesterday. Just a hard kick that I blocked. But it hurt so much this morning, so I iced it and we'll see how it heals up. But the game went well. We lost by a lot, but we played well even though the other team was WAY too good. They were varsity boys soccer team or something. But we had some good players and managed to score one goal. And I was goalkeeper and did pretty well. My team was impressed that I was so aggressive and not scared to charge the attackers, but what can I say, I've played goalie for years. Some things, you never lose. So I got lots of pats on the back after the game and that felt good. And we had a bunch of staff come and cheer us on. That was really cool of them. So we had like 15 players (only 4 girls) and 6 cheerleaders. Then most of us went to go get pizza afterward. It was a great time. Jackie, the girl who organized everything, got us a CLU van so we could all drive together and she got us uniform shirts too. And the ranch is gonna pay for our entry fee! So it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment