Today was such a good day. I worked a little in the morning, training the new pool girl/my roommate. Then after that I did some laundry and read my book.
I got back to my room and Andrea asked if I wanted to drive into town with her since her roommate lent her her car for the day. So we drove into town and Andrea got a bank account and I got a library account! It's my third library account! And I love them all! It's like I'm hoarding them. But it's nice to have a little piece of each place I've lived. And I still use the online accounts to rent books for my iPod and Kindle. So it's good that I have three, then I can use them all in case one library has a lot of holds on one ebook or if one library has a copy and the others don't (as was the case with my next book, My Name is Memory).
Then I went and got some more stamps at the post office. Then we went to the grocery store and I bought nail polish remover which I'm excited about! Now I can borrow polish from the girls in my house and switch things up a bit.
After that we went and visited the Granby Animal Shelter to see if we could volunteer there. Andrea wanted to help walk dogs but I just wanted to pet all the kitties. We found some kitties in a big house/shed/cage and pet them and I LOVE IT! There were three little cats and one was super friendly and I didn't want to leave her. But we'll be back eventually.
Then Andrea went to a clothing store and I walked across the street to a Thrift Shop. It was cute. I bought a pair of earrings and a throw pillow since the pillow here are small. After that we went to another thrift store and I bought a pair of gym shoes for $4! Andrea bough a funny shirt for her "ranch boyfriend." Then we went to an antique shop and looked around. We talked to the owner and told him we were from the ranch and he was nice. He had a nice doggie too. Then we went home to the ranch.
We're gonna go get Chinese food with a few people tonight so that should be fun.
Oh it was also payday today! YAY!
And I spoke to a lady at Microsoft yesterday and she explained some specifics of the position to me. Hopefully I get a phone interview within the next week or so. Fingers crossed and prayers please!
No comments:
Post a Comment