Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dealing with stress

I've been listening to a lot of music recently. Not that I don't normally, but I've just had a lot of conflicting emotions lately and things I'm thinking about and I've been relying on music a lot. It's nice to blast music through your headphones to drown out the thoughts you don't want to hear/are tired of hearing. Music is just such a wonderful escape. These have been some of my favorite albums recently...

"Barton Hallow"- The Civil Wars
"Waking Up"- OneRepublic
This week it's "Taking the Long Road"- The Dixie Chicks

I've even made a summer playlist of songs that have had on repeat for days throughout the summer. Songs that, when I look back in a few months, will bring back some strong memories of this ranch and the amazing summer.

Amazing summer- speaking of which, I looked into flights home today because I have exactly a month left. I almost started crying. I'm putting off buying the flight back because I really, really don't want to leave. At all. I know, without a doubt, that when I book my flight, which I'll have to do this week, I'll sit here at my computer and cry for a long time.

I thought I was ready for the real world, and I guess I'm "ready," but I just don't want to. A few months ago, I wanted to, but not now. I've regressed in my emotional preparedness. Shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment