Well hey! I booked my flight and I didn't cry! I guess I am ready to leave. A little. I mean I'm not happy to go, but any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't cry. And that's a step. I was really more excited about the excellent deal I got on my flight. Only $95! Which includes two checked bags!! On Frontier.
So it's official. I have about two weeks left here. Two weeks left of the best summer of my life. Two weeks left with some of the smartest, kindest, most amazing people I've ever met. Ok, now I am getting sad again. I'll stop talking about this.
There is one thing I want to talk about though. Cars. Yeah. Yesterday we had a really slow day at the ranch. I was super bored at the pool so I decided to wander around. I wandered down to the shop to tell Bill that I'd gotten one of my bosses to allow me to come in an hour later each day. And when I got to the shop I noticed that he and Paul were working on some of the trucks. So I just decided to stay and watch and ask questions. I asked them to show me some basic maintenance things like how to change the oil and where the windshield washer fluid tank was and the showed me a ton of stuff under the hood. And we talked about how gasoline with ethanol is bad for cars because it wears down the plastic inside the car. They told me that they use Lucas Fuel Treatment once a month. They add it to their gas tank when they fill up and they notice that they get like 3-4 more miles per gallon. So I'm definitely gonna get some when I get a car and add it to mine and my mom's and my dad's cars. Bill and Paul put a lot of stock in the stuff and I trust them, especially Paul, so I'm gonna try it.
But we had just a really great discussion about fuel and why we add ethanol and why it's good and why it's bad and I just feel like I always learn so much from Paul. I didn't get the chance to take the autos class in high school, but at least I know more car basics than your average girl and probably even some guys.
Then after that, I went and played cards with Paige in the office because we both were bored and had nothing to do. So yeah, it was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment