This weekend I'm traveling up north to Bilbao. FINALLY! I just wanted to start traveling. I'm meeting my best friend Melissa there. She's in Burgos this semester. So it's not far from her but it's a ten hour bus ride for me. I don't care. I'm used to traveling to and from Mizzou. I have a book on my iPod (Freakonomics- I highly recommend it!). I'll get there Friday evening and I leave Sunday evening and travel through the night and get back to Alicante around 8am on Monday. I don't have class on Monday until 1pm so that's good.
Bilbao is famous for the Guggenheim museum. I don't know what else is there but we'll be exploring a lot. It will be really, really good to see Melissa. She's a bit sad at the moment so she could use some prayers if you have time.
Then the next weekend is my birthday!! I'm going to Madrid with a group of students from my program. I'll be there Thursday night to Monday morning. Another girl has the exact some birthday as me so it'll be a double celebration! Some of them are going to a Real Madrid soccer game. "Real Madrid" is the name of the team. It was a bit too expensive so I passed it up, but I'm not the only one not going to that's good.
Then the weekend after that I'm going to Paris to meet my aunt, uncle, and cousin! My cousin is bringing me peanut butter! Hooray!
Classes are good. I don't feel like writing too much. All I have to say is that I'm still really annoyed with Spanish sidewalk etiquette. Wow, they're terrible.
Besos!
what if you tried to set a good example? maybe step aside with eye contact and a smile? At least the people on your regular route would see that over and over and it might make them think, just like the russian women made you think about a behavior that seemed quite normal to you.
ReplyDeleteOUR BIRTHDAYS! PARIS! EXCITEMENT!
ReplyDeletehow about an updated list of destinations, with check-offs when visited?
ReplyDelete