So this 21-year-old had a FANTASTIC weekend in Madrid. It's gonna freaking take me like LITERALLY ten hours to write about it so this is a pre-blog. Some random things and to get you excited for the upcoming post.
1) I was gonna go to Morocco this semester but found out this morning that they're having problems similar to Egypt.... great. I was so excited! A bunch of people have told me how awesome it is. And how cool would it be to say I've been to Africa? Well, that trip has been indefinitely postponed. Rats.
2) I realized that I blush A LOT here. More than I've ever blushed in my life. I don't really know why. I mean, I kind of know. I really don't like to sound stupid, and I'm afraid that I sound really stupid speaking Spanish. So in my court interpretation class on Thursday, I was blushing up a storm because I had to do some interpreting with a Spanish girl. I blush at home when I talk to my family, I blush in the stores when I have to speak to waiters or cashiers. I blush all the time! Sometimes when I'm not even required to speak Spanish. It's very strange.
3) Another foreign exchange student showed up while I was gone. He's German. And easy on the eyes.
4) I have finally realized why all Spanish cars look different from American cars. They're nearly all hatchbacks. I didn't realize the difference for a while. I was like, "Why are they the same brands but look completely different?" They looked smaller but I didn't realize why. Well, it's cuz they have no trunks. Hence, they can park really close to each other. But like, seriously, ALL of the cars are hatchbacks. Well, like 90%.
Ok, I've gotten a lot of homework recently so I have to do some of that, then I'll get to writing the Madrid blog, but don't expect it for a few days.
Hasta luego!
Ooh la la, new cute guy huh? Yayness
ReplyDelete