Wednesday, August 22, 2012

zzzzzzzzzz

So lots of people are leaving. Joanna was one of them. She left Sunday. And all summer she was sleeping on the best bed in the house. So yesterday I decided to swap mine for hers. BEST DECISION EVER! It's like sleeping on a cloud. And I took her pillow so I'm just super comfortable when I sleep now. It's perfect. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This week we have a group of 40 adults from Ben Tire. No kids. And these people are more down to earth, not as high maintenance as the rest of the people we've had all summer. All they want to do is sit around and drink beer and talk and eat normal food. Not the fancy stuff we serve. They don't ride that much. They're just chill. It's nice. So nobody has been in the pool really. They've been in the hot tub a bit. So Dale told me at the beginning of the week that I should look for stuff to do during the day to keep myself busy. So Monday I fixed all the lanterns and cleaned and filled them and today I power washed some dirty spots around the pool, particularly the sooty stains above the fire place. It looks pretty good now. I used Acid Magic so I think that helped, but I'm not sure. I wasn't tall enough to really get the top so that is still dirty but most of the area looks really good. But I think it just looks weird that the top is still dirty. I'm not really satisfied with it. But hopefully Dale thinks it looks good.

And on Sunday I trained on of the kids counselors, a boy from New Zealand named Shannon, how to clean the pool. So Tuesday and tomorrow (Th) I get/got the day off! So Tuesday I got up early to make sure Shannon had everything down then I went back to sleep and later worked on some applications for Rotary International and rode a horse and rode bikes with some girls. It was a really good day. Hopefully tomorrow it's nice and sunny and I can lay outside for a while. But I do have to make some calls about some jobs and maybe work on an app for Alzheimer's Association.

I really wish I would hear back about some of these jobs. Like it's been a while since I heard about the Chicago Food Depository. I just wanna know, yes or no. And I want to hear back from my boss here about if I can stay a bit later or not. I just want some things solidified so I can make plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment