Sunday, August 12, 2012

More hours

So Friday my boss called Kim and me together and told us that the lady that runs the store "doesn't work at the ranch anymore." It was a pretty big shock to me because she had worked just that very morning! But I guess she decided to quit because she was gonna be let go and she had until September 1st. But anyway, my boss told me and Kim this because now Kim will be the only one working at the store so she'll take the lady's hours and I'll take Kim's hours at the pool. So basically two people (Kim and me) will be splitting the hours that three people used to be working. It also means that both she and I will not have a single day off for a while. That's rough. No more sleeping in. No more staff rides or trips to the animal shelter. So rough.

But the silver lining is that we'll both be working a ton of overtime hours so that's pretty good. Time and a half on 15 more hours each week. Makin' bank. And I guess it might not be that much longer, maybe just until Labor Day. So it's manageable. And it's all going toward the car :) But it just means less free time for fun. And less time for job apps. And no more working the the office, cuz I think they wanted me to do that soon. But we're back to having fires at the boys house so that should make things ok, as long as I'm not too tired to go hang out.

The family I was babysitting for just left, and I got a pretty nice tip from them :) They said I was wonderful and did such a good job with their son. And he was a pretty good kid. Last night I even got to cuddle with him when we watched some Dora together and read some books together. And I even got him to say some words, got him practicing speaking. While I was reading to him, I'd point to an object and say, "Can you say 'apple' 'bus' 'tree'?" And he did a pretty good job at copying! I told his parents and they were really pleased. He still didn't fall asleep by the time his parents got back which is always a bummer, but I still think I did a pretty good job with him, and obviously his parents thought so too, more so than the other people who watched him during the week. What can I say, I'm dependable and lots of people around here are coming to know that. I'm actually a little sad to see him go. And the two other little boys who left today. They were just so cute and precious. Babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment