Here are some random facts to tide you over while I'm working on my Valencia post.
1) The reason for global warming are the Europeans. Okay, not completely, but I think they must account for a great percentage of the CFCs that are destroying the ozone layer. I'm pretty sure most of them use aerosol deodorant.
2) I learned the other day that the US is the only place where Coke is made with high fructose corn syrup because corn is so cheap in the states. Everywhere else in the world, Coke is made with sugar. That's why it tastes so different in other countries.
3) Did you know that the term guerilla warfare originated in Spain. Guerra means war. Guerilla means little war. Because guerrila warfare are conflicts between small groups, in the case of Spain, often using armed civilians.
4) Apparently the Holy Grail is in Valencia. My Scottish tour guide told us. It's in some museum. Do you think Monty Python knew that?
5) I gave up chocolate for Lent. The past few years I've done more intense stuff like last year, no meat. But no chocolate is gonna be hard here. I already kinda messed up. I had a crepe on Sunday at the oceanarium. I know you're allowed to have stuff on Sundays, but I like to keep my resolution for the whole season. I just have to try harder to remember here.
I had a really good weekend and I got tan. It'll be a good post. Family in T- 7 days.
p.s. happy birthday to Bri, my future roomie!
duh,the europeans don't heat and air condition and use clothes driers like we do, right? americans who live surrounded by fossil fuel comforts shouldn't throw stones....
ReplyDelete