Friday, January 28, 2011

I want pizza

I've always been told that I act mature for my age. I usually agree. But today in class, wow, not so much. I guess to be fair, a few of the people in my class are significantly older than most college students. There are four Russian women in my class and the other day I found out that one has been married for 10 years and another has been married for 26 years! So the later has to be at least 44. She definitely doesn't look that old. But my point is that they're not a normal college age.

So my American classmates and I usually finish in class assignments early and today we were getting giggly and antsy. Usually I'm the one getting annoyed when stupid people giggle in class and act childish but now with older people in my class, I would definitely consider my behavior to be quite childish. It's strange being on the other side of the spectrum.

I also found out today that the Russian girls think we Americans (those of us in class, not Americans in general) are rude. Apparently they think it's strange that we don't greet them every morning when we walk into class. One girl asked it that was normal. I think it is. Back at Mizzou I usually don't greet people when I come to class. It made me feel really bad about myself. I don't mean to be rude.

I bought plane tickets to Madrid for my birthday weekend. ~7 euros each way + fees = 25 euros. Not too bad.

Finally, during class today I started craving Dondi's pizza. I wanted it so badly that I could almost smell it. Ugh. It's gonna be a long 5 months without that stuff.

2 comments:

  1. mom and i wanted to know if they expect you to greet each one individually or just a general "hello" to everyone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think a general hello to everyone but maybe try to make eye contract with most of them

    ReplyDelete