Monday, January 24, 2011

Dos cosas

Two things I've noticed...

1) Here, their bathrooms are labeled as "Aseos." And a girl came up to me the other day and asked where the aseos were. So I think the proper thing to say is, "Donde esta el aseo?" instead of "Donde esta el bano?" It must be the difference between "bathrooms" and "restrooms". Slightly more polite. So just in case you're ever in a Spanish speaking country, try this phrase instead.

2) They must not have leash laws here. When I see a human walking a dog, rarely is the dog attached to a leash, but the dog DOES stay close to the human even though the streets are very crowded. And I can only image how many wonder smells there are on the streets. So maybe their dogs are better trained than ours.

I'm going out for churros and chocolate tonight. I'll update on that and my FREE spa experience later.

Hasta luego!

p.s. Happy birthday Melissa Smith!

1 comment:

  1. so is "bano" a translation for "butt" and then "aseos", let's see...

    ReplyDelete