Monday, October 8, 2012

Baby Fever

I mean, it's nothing really too new. I always want a baby, but BAM! It hit me hard these past few days. Saturday I babysat a 6 week old baby girl and it was heaven. I watched her for 3 hours in the morning when her parents went  riding and then again at night for 7 hours when they were at the wedding reception. She was an angel. Tiny and perfect. We basically just cuddled all day. She slept in my arms, on my chest, on my shoulder. She laid on my lap and looked up at me with her pretty blue eyes and was just heart-meltingly adorable. At night she basically just slept and ate and pooped, like babies do, and I watched TV all night with her asleep on me. Her soft little cheeks got many kisses. And her tiny butt got many pats when she needed soothing. And her parents came to check on her every few hours and I told them I was fine, that they could continue partying. So I watched Harry Potter 7 parts 1 and 2 in spanish, which was awesome, and then a few other shows and her mom came to take her around 10:45 and I was sad to give her back. And her mom gave me an awesome tip. Like whoa. But I could do it. I could TOTALLY be a mom right now. I won't, but I could.

Then today and tomorrow I watched/will watch a little two year old girl who has never had a babysitter before. I was nervous that she would cry when her mom left but she didn't! She was awesome! She even picked up all her toys when we were done playing! I watched her for three hours. I'm just the bomb. Everybody thinks I'm an awesome babysitter! Parents and my coworkers and my boss. I'm probs gonna sign up for those babysitting sites online when I get home.

But yeah, now I have that baby fever.

Also, I leave in like less than 48 hours.

I'm cleaning and kinda packing and I went outside tonight to do laundry and there are so many stars and I'm gonna miss them. It's just so beautiful here. And I didn't get to say goodbye to Jess and that made me sad. But Courtni and I got chinese today for lunch, and she and Bruce are driving me to the airport so I'm glad I'll get more time with them. It's just hard leaving a place when you don't know if you'll ever see these people again. People that you truly love. People that you admire. People that mean a lot to you and have taught you so much. You might never see them again. And that's really tough to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment