I think about it all the time. I've been speaking a lot of spanish recently and I find myself wandering off to Europe again.
I have a cousin who is traveling around Europe at the moment and another friend who is going back in the summer for a few weeks. I'm filled with jealousy.
It's not that my life is boring or unfulfilling. It's just that nothing tops Spring 2011. I know I bring Spain up a lot in conversations and I hope it doesn't annoy people, but it was just a huge part of my life. Life changing even. I just loved travelling and exploring and being on my own.
Travelling in American sucks. It's so hard and expensive. There are so many places I want to go but I just can't.
-New Orleans
-New York
-Los Angeles
-Seattle
-Dallas
-Honolulu
But it's just so difficult.
I miss the planning of trips and wandering around streets and eating in cafes and restaurants and dancing until the wee hours of the morning. You can't possibly understand it until you've been there and experienced it. Maybe it doesn't sound interesting to you, but it was everything to me.
I learned so much. More than I'll even be able to express.
But I miss it every single day.
I miss my familia and the apartment and Silvia and Enrico and Sevilla and Paris and the metros and sangria and the beach and the Valor chocolate factory and Euros and Ryan Air and living out of a suitcase. I miss laundromats and TrenItalia and Neuschwanstein and hostels and hostel breakfasts and being tan. I miss the universidad and the buses, and I miss blogging.
I feel like I may seem stuck up when I talk about my adventures to new people, but I can't help it. It just touched me so much I can't help but talk about it.
My heart hurts now.
No comments:
Post a Comment