After London I went to the island Tenerife, in the Canary Islands. I stayed in the Los Gigantes area in the El Marques condos. I went with Sohae, Katie, Allison, and Kara. Allison's parents let us use their time share there so it was super cheap.
Mostly I just stayed at the pool and tried to read my book for school. I got really tan. I was so excited that there was a pool bc I hate non chlorinated water. It scares me. So a week of sunbathing was heaven to me.
A few excursions
- took a stupid (free) bus trip up to some old town and listened to a blanket presentation about the wonders of wool bedding
- took a boat out onto the Atlantic and saw whales and swam in the ocean. I hate ocean water, I was terrified but I did it because it would have been stupid to miss it.
- took a taxi up
A few of us had a number of motion sickness spells with all the winding roads of the island. And we had a few mishaps too, mixing up reservation times and such but it all ended up fine in the end. You know, "don't sweat the small stuff."
We also played cards a lot which I liked. (I tried to teach them the card game "golf" but I didn't remember all of it.) I mean after all the busy touristy trips, this was a perfect week of relaxation. Just laying by the quiet pool, feeling the sun on my skin, smelling the combo of the sunscreen/my tanned skin made me delirious. I couldn't have asked for a better spring break. And did you know that now direct flights are offered from Miami to Tenerife. So you can go too! But mostly it's all British people. It's like their Hawaii but closer.
Then we flew back into Valencia and took a train to Alicante and here I am, crushed by a mountain of homework. If you really want to know more about Tenerife, just ask me next time I see you.
Besos
And prayers please
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment